For Green Moms

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Vintage Waffles

Today I found a vintage waffle maker at the thrift store. I was so happy I never liked Belgian waffles and have been looking for a waffle maker with little squares, like Eggos. I was so excited after a good cleaning I had to plug it in and try it out, so we had breakfast for dinner with my new old waffle maker, lol. They came out great! I'm really please that it worked so well. It took me a little while to figure out temperature and cooking time, and I still need more practice to know what amount of batter is just right.
This Vintage Waffle Iron is a 2 in 1 Grill and Waffle Maker. You can open the Waffle iron so it lays completely flat. Then you can reverse the plates on the waffle maker to reveal a smooth non-stick surface, and voila you have a counter top griddle. Fry some beacon and eggs on one side then cook some flap jacks on the other. I'm going to try that next.

I folded my waffles around a hot dog to try to recreate that yummy KC waffle dog taste.


Posted via email from mammarachel's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment